Join Allegra and Nancy Romita for a 100-Hour or 50-Hour Continuing Education training in Functional Awareness®: Anatomy in Action!
Join Jess and Linda for Body Detective - Part Three!
Struggling to find your voice? Is perfectionism hindering your forward motion?
The Lungs (Inspiring Leader) + the Large Intestine (Perfecting Spirit) take center stage in this workshop as we explore these organ’s meridian lines and temperaments, link what’s going on inside our bodies to what’s going on outside ourselves and in the world, and learn go-to breath and movement sequences to help support us when our energetic, emotional, mental, physical and spiritual states feel compromised.
Join Diana for an Intro to Crystals workshop on Sunday, October 28th!
Join Linda Perkins & Jessica Weiss on Saturday, Oct 20th for Body Detective - Part Two
Explore the temperament and meridian energy patterns of the Bladder (Entertainer) and the Kidneys (Quiet Sage), learn yoga sequences that support the health of these organ territories, and discover how your inner workings relate to your outer world.
Join Diana on Sunday, September 16th at 7pm to help support the Southern Poverty Law Center, offering what you can for this special donation-based Restore + Renew class!
Join Christine and Mikki on Saturday, Mach 17th for 2 hours just for you
Learn how to incorporate essential oils into your wellness routine with Christine Nichols!
If you're interested in deepening your practice, our Fall/Winter 200 hour Teacher Training dates are set! For 11 weekends starting October 20th - February 18th (with a break from Thanksgiving through the New Year), you'll immerse yourself in the 8 Limbs of Yoga, its history and connection to our modern lives, learn anatomy, physiology, asana alignment, sequencing, be guided through led meditations and gain a greater understanding of Self. Email us to learn more!
October 20th - November 19th; January 12th - February 18th
Saturdays 2-9pm (with an hour dinner break)
Saturdays 2-9pm (with an hour dinner break)
Are you somewhere in between and want to learn some of the finer points of taking your practice to the next level? Join Keri on Saturday, October 14th from 4-6pm and learn cleaner transitions, jump backs and jump forwards, work your inversions and tune in to a deeper level of breath and awareness.
Price is $35
Join Ossi and Mikki at Metta Earth in Lincoln, Vermont October 13-15 to nourish your mind, body and soul with inspiring yoga, peaceful meditation experiences in nature, delicious, home-grown, completely organic food, the beauty of a mountain farm, and warmth of community.
Click here for info
Join BE for SLOWER + DEEPER, a 20-hour training for yoga teachers and enthusiasts alike, all levels welcome. Enhance your yin yoga study, including but not limited to the following:
• Internal energetic movement, identification and modification
• Exterior energetic factors - seasonality, lifestyle, environment
• Relationships between the vital organs and the physical/mental/emotional self
• How to move with a yin-mindfulness within the yang/vinyasa practice
• How to read the body as a somatic, geographic map. Aka learn the language of the body.
Friday from 5:30-9:30pm
Saturday from 2-8:30pm
Sunday from 2-4:30/7-9pm
Price is $300
Ayurveda is known as the sister science to yoga just as Acupuncture is of Tai Chi and Qigong. It is both a complimentary health science and a holistic lifestyle. In general, people turn to yoga to reduce stress while they take care and connect to their bodies; Ayurveda helps supports those goals while heightening one's internal awareness of their mind, body and spirit. This workshop will provide a basic overview of Ayurvedic philosophy, how it correlates to yoga, and tips on how to move, eat, and live according to one's unique constitution.
Please wear comfortable clothing and bring a journal, and pen. No prior yoga knowledge necessary.
The workshop will cover:
• Basic Ayurvedic Principles
• Discovering Your Constitution & Imbalances
• Ayurvedic Diet & Lifestyle Tips
• Relationship Between Yoga & Ayurveda
Price is $50
Join BYP on the journey of your life. This Yoga Alliance certified 200 Hour Teacher Training takes place over the course of 11 weekends in Brooklyn. Throughout the training you will explore the history of yoga and its philosophy, study asana and the movement of the body, dive into meditation, and deconstruct the layers of your heart.
Learn and explore the Ashtanga Primary Series from which vinyasa yoga originated.
Mother Earth : An Essential Oils Workshop w/ Christine Nichols
We will be focusing on using essential oils to nurture and care for ourselves.
Many times it is much easier to take care of others, rather than ourselves.
In this workshop we will discuss the best oils to help create a space for receiving as well as giving. Also, we will look at oil energetics, and how to create a balanced personal treatment for yourself and the ones you love.
September 16-18, 2016
Metta Earth institute Autumn Yoga RetreatNurture your body with Autumn’s vital healing foods and crisp weather. Join us at Metta Earth to nourish your mind, body and soul with inspiring yoga, peaceful meditation experiences in nature, delicious, home-grown, completely organic food, the beauty of a mountain farm, and warmth of community.
- Enjoy four expert yoga teachers guiding you with enlivening yoga classes
- Nurture your body with teas, juices, the ripeness of autumn harvest, and vital healing foods
- Cleanse with pure mountain air and water
- Connect with the healing presence of nature
- Find new ease and a sense of wonder in meditation
- Breathe consciously to revitalize every cell and calm the mind
- Relax into the comfort and companionship of a yoga community
- As autumn comes into fullness with bountiful squashes and the rich nutritious flavors of harvest, a returning of energy to plant roots, and changing colors of the leaves, give yourself this gift of a rejuvenating yoga retreat!
Full Room in Main House: $575.00
Metta Earth Autumn Yoga RetreatRate Includes:
- Two nights shared accommodations in the main house, yurt, or camping.
- Organic & locally grown meals (Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast, lunch, & dinner, Sunday breakfast & lunch)
- Daily morning and afternoon yoga asana classes
- All other program sessions
- *Does not include transportation to Metta Earth.